Cavities are also known as dental caries. A cavity is a hole that develops in a tooth as a result of dental decay. Cavities are caused by bacteria, snacking, sipping sugary drinks, and poor dental hygiene. Cavities that go untreated can lead to toothaches, infection, and tooth loss.
Symptoms of cavities:
- Facial swelling
- Mouth pain
- Bad breath or bad taste
- Redness inside the mouth
- Tooth sensitivity
- Bleeding gums
Home remedies for cavities:
- Chewing sugar-free gum after meals can help to remineralize enamel.
- Consumption of vitamin D to help absorb calcium and phosphate from food
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste.
- Need to cut out sugary foods.
- Oil pulling to remove toxins from the body
- use of licorice root to remove bacteria responsible for dental cavities.
Treatment of cavities:
- Silver amalgam, composite resin, or gold dental fillings
- Root canal therapy to relieve tooth decay pain
- Tooth extraction